University of Arkansas at Little Rock address
University of Arkansas at Little Rock address. 2801 S University Ave, Little Rock, AR 722O4, USA. The University of Arkansas at Little Rock (UA Little Rock) is a general studies college in Little Rock, Arkansas. Founded in 1927 by the Little Rock School District as Little Rock Junior College, the institution became a personal 4-year college in 1957 under the name Little Rock University. It back to public fame in 1969 when it merged with the modern-day call of the University of Arkansas System. The former campus of Little Rock Junior College is now (2019) the campus of Philander Smith College.
Located on 250 acres (100 hectares), the UA Little Rock campus encompasses more than fifty-six buildings, including the Nanotechnology Integrative Sciences Center, the Emerging Analytics Center, the Sequoyah Research Center, and the Ottenheimer Library. Additionally, UA Little Rock has special training facilities including a studying resource middle, an art gallery, KUAR public radio station,  University Television, and a campus-wide wi-fi network. It is classed underneath “R2: Doctoral University – High Research Activity”.
The university gives extra than a hundred undergraduate tiers and 60 graduate tiers, such as graduate certificates, grasp’s ranges, and doctorates, through each conventional and online publications. Students attend training in one of the university’s three new schools and a law school:
- College of Business, Health, and Human Services.
- College of Humanities, Arts, Social Sciences and Education.
- Donaghy College of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics.
- William H. Bowen School of Law.
University of Arkansas Little Rock Athletics
UA Little Rock has 14 athletic teams known as the Little Rock Trojans, almost all of which participate in the Sun Belt Conference. Little Rock is one of two contributors of the Sun Belt that doesn’t sponsor soccer (UT Arlington is the alternative); UA Little Rock last fielded a football crew in 1955 when it became called Little Rock Junior College. Little Rock’s major athletic office is positioned inside the Jack Stephens Center. UA Little Rock offers the following sports:
- Men’s and Women’s Basketball.
- Men’s and Women’s Golf.
- Women’s Volleyball
- ladies’ soccer
- Women’s Swimming/Diving.
- Men’s and Women’s Cross Country.
- Men’s and Women’s Track and Field (Indoor and Outdoor).
- Men’s Wrestling
Notable students and alumni
- Camille Bennett – Arkansas House of Representatives, 2015-gift.
- Carolyn Brown – Arkansas House of Representatives, 2015-present.
- James Richard Cheek (1957) – US Ambassador to El Salvador (1979–1981), Ethiopia (1985–1988), Sudan (1989–1992), and Argentina (1993–1996).
- Charlie Daniels (absent) – Arkansas Commissioner of State Lands (1985-2001), Arkansas Secretary of State (2002-2010), Arkansas State Auditor (2001-present).
- Vivian Flowers (BS in Political Science) – Arkansas House of Representatives, 2015-present.
- Kenneth Henderson – Arkansas House of Representatives, 2015–present.
- Douglas House (1976) Arkansas House of Representatives, 2013–gift.
- Allen Kerr (absent) – Arkansas Insurance Commissioner (2015–present) and former member of the Arkansas House of Representatives.
- Mike Ross (1987) – US House of Representatives, 2001-2013.
- Bill Sample (Absent) – Arkansas House of Representatives, 2005-2010; Arkansas Senate 2011-present.
- Robert William Schroeder III (1989) – Appointed June 2014 to US District Court, Eastern District of Texas.
- Frank Scott Jr. – Current Mayor of Little Rock, AR.
- Vic Snyder (1988) – US House of Representatives, 1997-2011.
- James Starch – (B.S., Political Science) – Arkansas House of Representatives, 2015-present.